The future of ecology is in our hands. In imor we want to contribute to achieve it. Don´t let anyone spoil everything that is beautiful in our world.All together we can change the tendencies, don´t despair, fight …
In imor there is a commitment to improve and respect the environment. We want to collaborate in this task at the same time that we spread it among all our employees and organization (Factories, Stores, …).
We also recommend it to you, our client. We also recommend it to our suppliers. We can all contribute to create a satisfactory living Space and be able to continue contemplating our landscapes, seas, rivers, mountains …
To give much more emphasis and content we would like to remind you of one of the definitions of the environment, and that is “everything that affects a living being and specially conditions the life circumstances of people or society in their life..It includes the set of natural, social and cultural values existing in a place and at a specific moment, that influence the life of the human being and the generations to come”
Recycling is part of the waste treatment strategy established by imor in all its manufacturing, sales and assembly processes. We constantly look for:
- Reduce, actions to reduce the production of objects susceptible to becoming waste.
- Reuse, actions that allow the reuse of a product to give it a second life, with the same or a different use.
- Recycle, the set of waste collection and treatment operations that allow to reintroduce them in a life cycle.
In imor we are aware that recycling has three main ecological consequences:
- Reduction of the volume of waste, and therefore of the pollution that would cause (some materials take docens of years and even centuries to degrade).
- Preservation of natural resources, since the recycled material is reused.
- Reduction of costs associated with the production of new goods, since many times the use of recycled material reports a lower cost than the virgin material.
In imor we recycle: Boards, glass, aluminum, packaging, …
Reuse of Aluminum
The recycling of aluminum is a process by which aluminum waste can be reused in other products after its primary use. This process involves simply remelting the metal, which is much cheaper and consumes much less energy than the production of fresh aluminum through the electrolysis of alumina (Al2O3), which first has to be extracted from the bauxite ore and then It has to be refined using the Bayer process. Recycling discarded aluminum requires only 5% of the energy that would be consumed to produce fresh aluminum
Recycled aluminum for: aircraft, cars, bicycles, boats, computers, household material, gutters, friezes, cables, and many other products that require a light but strong material, or a material with high thermal conductivity. Recycling does not damage the structure of the metal, aluminum can be recycled indefinitely.